Sr back-end engineer
Arlula is a fast growing space technology startup building software infrastructure for the Earth Observation (EO) sector. Thousands of people and companies are now using Arlula to manage their satellite operations and/or to build apps that can monitor the impact we have on our planet from space.
We are passionate about creating new commercial opportunities in the quickly evolving commercial space industry. We work with a range of international space agencies including NASA and ESA, as well as commercial satellite operators such as Maxar, Planet, LatConnect60 and others. Our customers make use of our solutions across a range of industries for things such as agriculture, bushfire monitoring, insurance assessment, environmental planning and journalism.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
We are seeking an experienced, driven back end developer to assist in the management, maintenance and further development of our platform to allow the discovery, acquisition, processing, management and manipulation of Earth Observation data.
We offer an opportunity for the right candidate to demonstrate their technical expertise and collaboration skills by working with our multidisciplinary team to solve issues relating to issues up and down the satellite imagery infrastructure chain, addressing issues of imagery processing, indexation, discovery, distribution, analysis and visualisation.
Candidates should be experienced back-end/server side engineers, who have worked with microservices architectures utilising both synchronous and asynchronous communications.
As well as experience working in collaboration with teams in other specialisations such as front-end, data engineering and scientific research.
JOB TITLE: Sr back-end engineer
JOB TYPE: Full Time
608 Harris St, Ultimo, NSW,
Role is open to remote candidates where appropriate
- Work with team to maintain and update web and API servers to ensure their accuracy and ease of use for both satellite operators and data consumers,
- Assist in the design and implementation of new API’s, servers, and infrastructure systems,
- Work with our science team to design and implement infrastructure for imagery processing and delivery,
- Assist in the production of documentation and technical resources regarding the user and products of the systems
- Field customer enquiries about the APIs and back end system, and any issues customers experience interacting with it or its output artefacts,
- Advice and mentor Junior developers wishing to build their back end experience
- No specific qualifications are required for this position if the applicant has appropriate experience (a portfolio of prior works is preferred)
- Qualifications in software, physics, mathematics, or other relevant fields may be an advantage for some applicants.
- 4+ years experience developing and maintaining non trivial applications, ideally web servers and/or pipeline/workflow management applications.
- Have built large scale applications with a microservice architecture
- Have built applications with asynchronous operational components
- Go (Golang) programming language and its html template library
- AWS tools and products
- Technical communications (documentation, technical blog writing and reports, etc)
- Customer communication and bug report management
- Curious and Creative
- Independant and self motivated
- Enjoys problem solving
- Enjoys working in multidisciplinary fields
- Able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Passion for new space industry
How to Apply
All applications need to include the following information:
- Cover letter,
- CV or Resume,
- Portfolio of prior work.
If this role is of interest you and you think you’ll be a good fit, please email your application details to us at firstname.lastname@example.org