Create an Arlula account and API Key
In this quick tutorial we’ll show you how to get started with Arlula by signing up and creating your first API key in minutes.
The Arlula API allows users to query databases of satellite imagery from vendors around the world. This powerful tool allows users to search and compare the quality of global image datasets and order them at scale. The Arlula API is a new way in which people from around the world can access timely satellite imagery and create their own data streams from space!
What you’ll need:
Access to the Arlula API account signup page.
Step 1: Signup
If you’re new to Arlula, you’ll need to create an account, this is a fairly simple process that should only take a few minutes.
- Visit https://api.arlula.com/signup.
- Enter your details and hit Submit.
- Once you submit your details you’ll be sent a confirmation email from us. Follow the instructions in this email to activate your account. If you cannot find the confirmation be sure to check your spam folder.
Step 2: Generate your API credentials
Once you’ve created an Arlula account you can create your first API.
- Visit https://api.arlula.com/login to login your account with the account details you just created.
- Once you’re logged in you’ll need to generate new API credentials so you can interact with our infrastructure. Click ‘+ New API‘ and a window will pop prompting you to enter details.
- The three main fields that you’ll need to fill out in order to generate new API credentials are API Name, API Support Email and API Security Key.
- API Name: Enter a name of your choice for this specific API.
- API Support Email: This is the email that will be notified when you place an order using this specific API.
- API Security Key: Your 30 character long API security key is different to your Arlula account password and will be used to securely send encrypted API requests over the web.
- DO NOT FORGET YOUR API SECRET. A good idea is to save it offline somewhere safely as you’ll need this later. If it’s lost you’ll need to generate a new secret.
- Once you’ve created your credentials the Arlula API documentation page will open in a new browser tab. If you need to check your API key, or update your secret you can always do this by heading to the details section of your API credentials.
Step 3: That’s it
Congratulations, you’ve now signed up to Arlula and have created your first API credentials! You’re able to create multiple API keys by repeating the instructions in Step 2 above. Now that we’ve created an Arlula account and API credentials we can start making requests to the API. This can be done in several ways, but you may consider using an API application such as Postman or by using our Arlula Python package.
We’ve created a simple tutorial on how to get started with Postman that you can read here.
If you have any questions about this specific tutorial or would like to learn more please feel free to contact the Arlula team at email@example.com.